Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Never Beyond Reach - Martin Wiles

never beyond reach
Notice that it says, “he ascended.” This means that Christ first came down to the lowly world in which we live. Ephesians 4:9 NLT

Though he tries, some things are simply beyond his reach. Yet, he longs for the day when they will never be beyond reach.

When our second grandson was a toddler, I couldn’t help but notice some of the things he wanted to do, but couldn’t because of his height. When the dog wanted to come in, he tried to open the door but couldn’t reach the handle. “Pop, the dog is barking.”

He feared the dark and wanted the light on to get his toys but couldn’t reach the switch. “Pop, it’s dark” was his way of asking me to do what he couldn’t.

And if he wanted a toy on the top shelf of his toy rack, I heard, “Pop, I want ______.” Anything beyond his reach, he depended on MeMe or me to help him.

If the early believers were going to accomplish the mission Christ gave them—to tell the world of his love—they would need an example, gifts, and power. To make them reachable, Christ descended to earth. During His short ministry, He gave the example. When He ascended back into heaven, He sent the Spirit who gave gifts, power, and authority.

As a six-foot-one-inch adult, I find some things are still beyond my reach. Salvation was. So, Christ secured it for me by dying on the cross to pay the sin debt I and everyone else owed. Now I can enjoy basking in what I could never have reached had he not descended to me.

Godly wisdom is often beyond our reach. The world is a confusing place. Situations requiring more wisdom than we can muster often confront us. But God’s wisdom is unlimited. When sound judgment is beyond our ability to touch, God raises us so we can grasp what we so desperately need.

The strength to face life’s trials, stresses, and temptations is also higher than our fingertips. Once again, God helps us do what we can’t. With his assistance, we can reach the power needed to walk through the trial and emerge stronger on the other side. God enables us to square off with Satan, knowing the battle is won because of God’s power bubbling in us.

God can raise you high enough to seize whatever is beyond your reach.

Father, thank You for descending to give me what I needed so that by Your power, I can reach what I need to live abundantly. 

Tweetable: What things are beyond your reach? 

Don't forget to add your comments below. 


Thanks to all our faithful followers who share our posts! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram. Help us spread God's encouragement through His Love Lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment