Wednesday, April 27, 2022

End Game - Cathy Joy Hill

Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life. John 4:14 NIV

Weary? Me too.

It seems the more we get to do, the more there is to do. And I get sideways on what is important, what can wait, and what simply has no significance in the kingdom. 

When Jesus met the Samaritan at the well, He knew she was much the same. She was doing the same old, same old, not enjoying it, and sensing there was something more. 

If we scale our days around eternity, they shape something holy instead of hurried. I am ready to trade and give up going to the well a dozen times with my list for that one time with my Lord. I am ready to fill up with Him in exchange for the world that empties me of my peace. He is crazy good at simplifying.

I have mastered multitasking. My race needs to see Heaven in the distance. My pace needs to be full of passion. My attitude needs to reflect what He is instead of what I am not. My end game should be less of me and a whole lot more of God. He promises to carry the heaviest load, and His grace shines in the deepest water.

Don’t be weary. Be filled with hope.

Tweetable: Where do you find hope? 


Cathy is a writer, teacher, and entrepreneur. She met her husband Brian while studying in Paris, France. They make their home in Geneva, IL, with their four children and their daughter-in-love. She loves writing about the wonder and whimsy of life and her love for Jesus. Her first book is Destination: Fierce, Moving from Fear to Fierce. Learn more about Cathy at www.cathyjoyhill.com.


Thanks to all our faithful followers who share our posts! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram. Help us spread God's encouragement through His Love Lines.


No comments:

Post a Comment