Friday, September 20, 2019

Flashback Friday - When the Earth Moves - Martin Wiles

When the Earth Moves

The house trembled, and a cold fear slithered across my body. 

With the exception of a few years, I’m a life-long South Carolinian, but I’ve never felt what I did on Valentine’s Day, 2014. As my wife and I enjoyed a leisurely evening in our recliners, a low rumble began and grew louder. Then suddenly the house shook for the longest five seconds I’ve ever encountered. Since I’d never experienced an earthquake before, I wasn’t sure what this was. Shortly thereafter, the local newscast revealed the story: a 4.1 magnitude earthquake had registered a mere 25 miles away. Two days later, a smaller aftershock briefly quivered our house again. My wife’s sentiments were mine: “That was kind of creepy.” While South Carolina experiences many small earthquakes every year, this one informed me of its presence. Read more...

Tweetable: What do you do when your earth moves?




Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram. Help us spread God's encouragement through His Love Lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment