Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Love Hides

Psalm 119:11 Your word I have hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against You. (NKJV)

What child doesn’t enjoy playing Hide and Seek? I played it as a child and played it with my children. And nothing is more comical than watching a small child stand in an open area, cover their eyes with their hands and think they are hidden? When God’s Word is hidden in our heart through memorization and meditation, we can never hide from God. Every time a word, attitude or action erupts that doesn’t fit who we are, God’s Spirit will take God’s Word and remind us of his standards. Our lives are an open book before God. So why try and hide what God already knows? God seeks because he loves and because we are prone to hide. And he’s never satisfied to leave us where we don’t need to be.
(photo courtesy of Tina Phillips at www.freedigitalphotos.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment