Friday, September 9, 2011

Love’s Light

Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path. (NKJV)

With modern electricity there’s not much call for lamps anymore. But they are nostalgic and we have quite a few hanging around our house. I look at my grandfather’s old barn lantern and wonder how it was depending on a small flame to guide his way. When the electricity goes out and we use an oil lamp, I can imagine. It’s better than no light at all but not as useful as four 60 watt bulbs dangling from the ceiling fan. Whether from a lamp, flashlight or bulb, light helps us see. God’s Word is the brightest lamp. It will guide us through discouragement and temptation. It will lift our spirits when we’re disappointed. And it will provide the wisdom we need for daily decisions. Follow the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment