Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Love Sets Priorities

I Corinthians 2:2 For I decided that while I was with you I would forget everything except Jesus Christ, the one who was crucified. (NLT)

Church, utilities, car, cell phone, groceries. Not necessarily in that order, but all bills I make sure are paid each month. Why? Because God has been good to me, I like air conditioning, I enjoy eating and who can live without a cell phone these days? Priorities. Things put before other things. Important things and for various reasons. Paul’s was sharing the love of Jesus Christ with those who had never received his forgiveness. Paul was a great debater-and sometimes he allowed himself to get sidetracked into discussions about trivial matters, but his passion was telling what Christ had done for him and wanted to do for his listeners. His time was limited and the work immense. A sense of fulfillment and happiness comes when we prioritize the right things. God’s was sending his Son to die for our sins and is now to teach us how to live like his Son. Ask God to help you establish your list.
(photo courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment