Monday, August 29, 2011

Love Gives

Psalm 37:4 Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you your heart’s desires. (NLT)

As soon as I finish eating breakfast and dressing, I head for my office and a good cup of coffee-actually a few. I take delight in my morning coffee. I don’t need it to get going; I just love the taste. It makes the news more interesting and my writing easier. Occasionally my morning routine is disrupted along with my coffee, and I don’t take delight in that but I adjust. Just as I enjoy my coffee, I also enjoy other things that make me happy. While God’s sole desire is not our happiness but our spiritual growth, he will give us things that result in both. God’s purpose is not to make our lives miserable but to give us what will enable us to fulfill his purpose and plan for our life. But loving him with all our heart, soul and mind must be a priority. God gives because God loves.
(photo courtesy of Arvind Balaraman at wwwfreedigitalphotos.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment