Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Love’s Offering



II Corinthians 5:21 For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin so that we could be made right with God through Christ. (NLT)

Offering. Something presented to someone else. The person it is presented to doesn’t have to receive the item to satisfy the definition. The act of offering the offering does that. I’ve had many things offered to me in my lifetime, and I’ve offered quite a few myself, but nothing I’ve offered or been offered compares to what God offers. His gift was perfect; no blemishes. Sin had not tainted it. But to enjoy the offering we have to accept it. Jesus’ payment for humanity’s sins on Calvary doesn’t automatically result in our forgiveness. Asking is required. Out of love, God offers. Out of appreciation and need, we must accept.
(photo courtesy of www.christianphotos.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment