Friday, November 6, 2020

Flashback Friday - Communicating in a Tech-Savvy World - Martin Wiles

 Communicating in a Tech-Savvy World

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD. Psalm 19:14 NKJV

“Perhaps your child has mentally checked out.” I typed it, sent it—and later regretted it. 

The end of the school year was approaching. Some of my “A” student’s grades were slipping. I wasn’t alarmed; it was a normal occurrence. Parents and grandparents, however, were worried. So I sent a mass email suggesting a few reasons for the current situation. One of which was the possibility of mental checkout. It was a tongue-in-cheek expression meaning to lose focus. I even commented that we teachers were facing an identical challenge. The majority of the parents understood my expression. One, though, requested a conference. A face-to-face meeting quickly cleared up the confusion. My words were not chosen carefully. Read more...

Tweetable: How are you communicating in our tech-savvy world? 


Thanks to all our faithful followers who share our posts! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram. Help us spread God's encouragement through His Love Lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment