Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Throwback Tuesday - Joy Through Sorrow - Martin Wiles

Joy through Sorrow

As I stood before the congregated group of people on that cold November day, I was standing in a pool of sorrow on the inside. 

My father’s mother was more like a mother to me than a grandmother. She was my babysitter during my early years, and I followed everywhere she went. A number of years before her death, she had informed me that she wanted me and my father to speak at her funeral. I had spoken to her a few days before she died and told her it was okay for her to leave. I wasn’t living nearby at the time and couldn’t get away even though I desperately wanted to. And while she left me with great memories, her leaving also left me with enormous sorrow. Read more...

Tweetable: How do you find joy through sorrow?


Looking for a wide selection of genres in inspirational books at discount prices? Click here to see selections.







Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram. Help us spread God's Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment