Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Throwback Tuesday - Martin Wiles

A Tax Collector’s Attitude

I was once one so I can imagine how he felt…unappreciated, hated, scorned, threatened, and misunderstood. 

For five years, I worked at a county tax office where vehicle and property taxes were collected. And where property was sold and driver’s licenses suspended for those refusing to pay. My responsibility was suspending driver’s licenses. Most assumed the dealer paid their initial taxes…a misconception some dealers cultivated. When I attempted to collect, I was cursed at repeatedly, threatened occasionally, and hung up on regularly. It wasn’t the most fulfilling job, but someone had to do it…and the boss selected me. Read more...


Looking for a wide selection of genres in Christian books at discount prices? Use coupon MWiles for 20% off. Click here to see selections.







Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterest, and Twitter. Help us spread God's encouragement through his love lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment