Friday, February 5, 2016

Flashback Friday - Martin Wiles

Discovering God’s Truth

“Attention.” With my heels tucked tightly and my sword dangling by my side, I awaited the commander’s next order. “Draw swords.” I raised my sword to waist level, hands resting on either side of my weapon, while I awaited further instructions. Then I heard the words that riveted adrenalin to my arms, hands and fingers: “Charge.” With unmitigated fury, I flipped my sword and diligently flew into action. If I was the first to complete the mission, I would be awarded the prize.

Bible sword drills were part of my catechetical training while growing up in my father’s churches. Adherence to the drill’s tactics taught me the Bible’s books and helped me memorize verses. But rote memorization and the rigid actions of the drill didn’t automatically enable me to follow what God commanded of me in particular. Read more...


Looking for a wide selection of genres in Christian books at discount prices? Use coupon MWiles for 20% off. Click here to see selections.  







Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterest, and Twitter. Help us spread God's encouragement through his love lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment