Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Throwback Tuesday by Martin Wiles

WELCOME TO THROWBACK TUESDAY...BECAUSE WE BELIEVE EVERY DEVOTION DESERVES TO BE READ MORE THAN ONCE. 

Bragging Rights by Martin Wiles

She was doing it again. I was proud but also a little embarrassed.
Mom was “hawking.” “My oldest son has published three books.” “He writes for…” and follows with a list of magazines, newspapers, blogs, periodicals and websites. Most of them she gets right. A few she mispronounces and jumbles up. Occasionally I correct her; usually I don’t. I just let her hawk. Mom has three sons, and she’s proud of each one. So she brags and we blush. It’s been going on so long we accept it as the norm. Regardless of our mistakes, she still shines when she sings our praises. Read more...


Begin each day with a dose of encouraging thoughts. Order your print or Kindle copy today from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment