Friday, November 25, 2011

Love Protects Its Own

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets who come disguised as harmless sheep but are really vicious wolves. (NLT)

I loved the cartoons where the wolf disguised himself as a sheep to catch one for lunch. But in real life, the scenario isn’t funny. Jesus warns of people who mimic wolf behavior. Jim Jones did. So did David Koresh. As well as those who think they know when Christ is returning even though he stated no one would. They’re wolves dressed in sheep’s clothing, and they’ve entered the sheepfold to discourage the sheep, kill testimonies, steal zeal and destroy hope. Jesus also said he was the door to the sheepfold. No one gets by him. He’s the bouncer no one can take; the bodyguard important people wish they had. And I’m glad he’s mine. Sure I can be deceived, discouraged, hopeless, and unfaithful, but only if I allow myself to be. Remaining close to the Shepherd and learning how his sheep look, act and think helps me stay away from the wolves.

No comments:

Post a Comment