Monday, November 28, 2011

Love’s Sound

Matthew 7:21 Not all people who sound religious are really godly. They may refer to me as “Lord,” but they still won’t enter the Kingdom of Heaven. (NLT)

Have you ever sounded out a person and heard: “I’ve been a member of __________ Church since I was nine years old.” Or “My parents donated trees for the lumber to build this church.” How about, “I’ve been coming to church since before I was born.” Better yet, “My dad gave $10,000 to help build our Family Life Center.” And the classic, “I’m a pretty good person and I just hope God’s going to let me into heaven.” Jesus burst many bubbles when he said sounding religious wasn’t enough. Sound is important, and I couldn’t imagine life without it, but one thing I don’t want to hear at the end of life is, “Depart from me. I never knew you.” Sounding religious and religious activity isn’t enough. We are connected to God by faith. So when someone sounds you out, say “I belong because I believe.” Nothing more; nothing less.

No comments:

Post a Comment