Thursday, August 11, 2011

Love Leaves

(photo courtesy of christianphotos.net)
Proverbs 1:10 My child, if sinners entice you, turn your back on them! (NLT)

I was enticed but I didn’t turn my back. I knew it was wrong, but he was my best friend. Surely he wouldn’t lead me down a destructive path. So I took a swallow and began a six year struggle. Ever been there or somewhere similar? Satan may be the master enticer, but he has a multitude of companions to help him-some of them are our friends and family. Since we trust them, we are even more tempted to give in. A sinner is anyone who entices us to disobey God. A person whose path is always leading them away from God. But they don’t want to go alone. So they entice others to follow. We normally associate turning our back on someone as rude behavior, but in this case it’s not. When enticed with ungodly behavior or thoughts, turn your back and walk away.

No comments:

Post a Comment