Monday, July 4, 2011

Power In Love

     1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. (NIV)
     Temptation has its sources: me, Satan, others. But never God. God cannot be tempted nor does he tempt. Me, on the other hand, I’m weak and what Satan doesn’t trick me with I usually trick me with. Sometimes, I’m my own worst enemy. God’s love entails power. He knows how much I can endure and will never allow temptation to cross that line. Satan is under his thumb, and there is always an avenue of escape. We are never justified in saying, “The devil made me do it.” God’s love can always get us over the hurdle.

No comments:

Post a Comment