Thursday, May 11, 2017

Pointed in the Right Direction - Martin Wiles

Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. Proverbs 3:6 NLT

Though I could see the tower from my front porch, its being near did me little good.

My wife and I were living in a small town in Lowcountry South Carolina. Like many others, we had decided not to forego a landline and use our cell phones only. The trouble was reception was terrible.

Since I could see our provider’s tower idling less than one mile away, I couldn’t understand why I had to stand near a window or go outside for others to hear me clearly or to keep from dropping a call. Until I called to complain.

“I’ll put in a work order,” the customer service representative said as I explained my dilemma.

A few months later, I called back to find out the results. “Well, the satellites on the tower are pointed away from you,” I was told. “They always point them in the direction where the most people live.”

“Can’t you just send someone out to point them in my direction,” I queried.

She laughed and said, “It’s not that easy.” 

At some point, I guess they did because reception improved. It reminded me of how important it is to have things—myself included, pointed in the right direction. The wisdom writer thought so also. Trusting in the Lord with all one’s heart and seeking His will in everything I do keeps me on the right path.

Being pointed in the right direction means I have to walk by faith where I use a sixth sense, rather than the five I normally use to interact with things and others. 

When I walk by faith, I proceed through disappointing times believing God will construct things for the better in the end. When I walk by faith, I face financial setbacks with the hope God will remain true to His Word and take care of my needs. Hitting relationship snags isn’t a problem either. I believe God will guide me through them as well by unkinking the kinks. Nor is needing daily guidance a problem for a future seeing God. I may not be able to research the answers I need, but the inner prompting of God’s Spirit will give me insight. 

Point your life in the right direction, and be amazed by how straight your path will become. 

Prayer: Father, thank You for the promise of Your guidance when we set our sights on You. 

Looking for a wide selection of genres in Christian books at discount prices? Use coupon MWiles for 20% off. Click here to see selections.







Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterest, and Twitter. Help us spread God's encouragement through his love lines.


No comments:

Post a Comment