Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Enduring to the End - Martin Wiles

But the one who endures to the end will be saved. Matthew 24:13 NLT

Sold at 1.7 million dollars, the 114-year-old artifact rested peacefully in a glass case. 

While on vacation in Pigeon Forge, TN, my wife and I visited the Titanic Museum. No pictures or videos were allowed except in one room: the Memorial Room. In this room rested the violin the band leader had played as the ship sank beneath the icy Atlantic Ocean. In fact, the entire band played as passengers boarded lifeboats and others scrambled for their lives. 

Though none of the band members survived the sinking of the “unsinkable” ship, the violin survived and was later sold. We were fortunate to see what would only be displayed until Labor Day before being returned to a hidden vault. I was amazed a piece of wood could survive water and time and endure to the end.

When Jesus tells me to endure to the end to be saved, He isn’t saying I must live with fear He’ll take His forgiveness and salvation from me. Rather, in spite of the persecutions, I’ll face as His child, I will be saved in the end. People can kill my body, but they can’t touch my soul.

I have no idea what the violin has faced over the last 100 years; nor can I know what I will face from now until I draw my final breath. What I do know is only God can help me endure to the end. 

The power of the One living in me is greater than any other power I might face. 

When I accepted Christ as my Savior, He sealed me with His Holy Spirit. God’s Spirit in me will carry me through any persecution, trial, temptation, and disappointment. 

There is an element of responsibility involved in enduring to the end

My choices are mine. When I choose things that aren’t beneficial for me spiritually, I complicate my journey, making it more difficult for me to endure. 

A willingness to make sacrifices is also on my journey of endurance.

Anything worth having is worth paying a price for. I must give up everything hindering my spiritual growth. But the good news is when I endure to the end I’ll leave behind a legacy for family, friends, and acquaintances. 

Let God energize you so you can endure to the end.

Prayer: Father, give us strength to serve You faithfully to the end, regardless of what might come our way. 

Looking for a wide selection of genres in Christian books at discount prices? Use coupon MWiles for 20% off. Click here to see selections.







Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterest, and Twitter. Help us spread God's encouragement through his love lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment