Thursday, May 4, 2017

Follow the Son - Martin Wiles

Right behind you, a voice will say, “This is the way you should go,” whether to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21 NLT

The road was covered by shade…with the exception of one spot. 

The highway leading to the church I pastor meanders through miles of country. Acres of forest line each side of the road, making for a shady drive. One of the only two turns I have to make is often difficult to see because of the numerous trees—until I spotted a landmark. 

As I drove along, looking for my turn, I noticed a stream of sunlight arch across the highway. This was the only break in miles of shade, and it was the exact spot for my turn. If I follow the sun, I never miss the road. 

Isaiah reminded his listeners that God would do the same for them. God was behind, in front of, and all around them. If they would listen and look, they’d never miss or make a wrong turn. 

My wife tells me I’m directionally challenged…and she’s right. Our car has no built-in compass, so what seems like east to me might be west—and north might be south. I travel by road numbers; she looks for landmarks. She can get us where we need to go; I can get us lost. 

I’ve lost my way in life more times than I care to remember. My misplacement came because I wasn’t listening to or looking for the Son. When I turned where He told me, I always arrived at the correct destination, but if I turned where I thought it looked like a good road, I wound up at the wrong place and with the wrong people. 

Since God sees the beginning, end, and everything in between, it only makes sense to consult Him for life’s directions. 

He will shine the light where I need to turn and prompt me when I need to take another direction. His Word provides a road map, and His Spirit gives me the wisdom to read it or hear His promptings clearly. 

Busyness, selfishness, and misplaced priorities will cause me to miss my turns. 

A sold-out heart to the Son will get me where I need to go every time.

Look for the light. The Son will never lead you in the wrong direction.

Prayer: Father, as You shine Your light to guide our paths, give us wisdom and courage to follow where You lead.


Looking for a wide selection of genres in Christian books at discount prices? Use coupon MWiles for 20% off. Click here to see selections.







Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterest, and Twitter. Help us spread God's encouragement through his love lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment