Thursday, February 23, 2017

Happy to See You - Martin Wiles

You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever. Psalm 16:1l NLT

As I walk to the front door, the expression on his face reveals the joy in his heart. 

My wife and I have the privilege of keeping two of our three grandsons. The middle one, Colton, is almost two years old and is still learning to balance as he walks and runs. When I come home from work each day, he meets me at the front door with a huge smile on his face and arms waving. If I don’t pick him up immediately, he cries. His older brother, however, is content to continue watching television or doing whatever he is doing. 

The psalmist found joy in God’s company presently and looked forward to experiencing the same joy throughout eternity. 

So often my happiness in God’s presence is tied to something He has done for me. God promises to supply my needs, and when He comes through I experience joy. 

But if He doesn’t supply them the way I anticipated or think He should have, my joy is tainted—or even absent. My goal is to reach the pinnacle of finding joy in the sheer presence of God regardless of what my circumstances are. Relishing in the relationship itself…even if there are no frills. 

If I’m not careful, the passage of time—along with busyness, will steal the first love I had for God. My oldest grandson once ran to the door to meet me as his younger brother does now. Age and interest in other things have curtailed his excitement over seeing Pop. 

Colton loves for me to stroll him when I first get home. Although his vocabulary is very limited at the moment, he has ways of letting me know what he wants. Neither can I have a normal verbal conversation with God, but if I look for joy in His presence, His spirit will speak to mine, and I’ll eventually find joy from simply being in His presence. 

Learn to discover your peace and joy in the presence of God.

Prayer: Father, may Your presence in our lives be enough to bring us joy. 


Looking for a wide selection of genres in Christian books at discount prices? Use coupon MWiles for 20% off. Click here to see selections.







Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterest, and Twitter. Help us spread God's encouragement through his love lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment