Wednesday, December 31, 2014

What We Have in Christ - Martin Wiles

And we have received God’s Spirit (not the world’s spirit), so we can know the wonderful things God has freely given us. I Corinthians 2:12 NLT

What I possess cannot be measured with monetary figures. A person living in a poverty stricken third world country might look at what I possess and classify me a rich man. By the normal American standard, however, I dangle barely above the poverty level. I have a fulfilling and exciting job but with pay far less than that of my government funded counterparts. My only vehicle is 12 years old with 200K miles. The only health insurance I can afford is what the government grants me free of charge. Though my employer offers a retirement option, I can’t afford to contribute. And my wife and I live in a small patio townhouse boxed in by neighbors. 

What I don’t have in material things is more than compensated for by what I have in Christ. In Christ, I have forgiveness of all my sins…past, present, and future. I don’t have to worry about dying with unconfessed sin; Christ has taken care of those as well. There is a freeing effect in knowing I’ve been released from sin’s chains and will never stand in the “condemned” position any longer. Forgiveness changes my perspective on life. I now have purpose and can face any challenge with Christ’s indwelling Spirit as my source of strength. Forgiveness brings a sense of peace that can’t be experienced through any other means.

In Christ, my eternity is secure. Knowing this eliminates fear—not the fear of dying but the fear of now knowing what’s ahead. Heaven…and all God offers there, is mine for the enjoyment. 

Having Christ also brings abundance. Not an abundance of possessions or money but a satisfaction that comes from recognizing that I and my Creator have re-connected in a love relationship characterized by every aspect—and more, that I search for in an earthly relationship. He promises to care for me and supply every need I have.

Have you trusted Christ as your Savior? If not, there’s no better time than now.

Prayer: Eternal God, thank You for sending Your Son to die for our sins. We trust Him now as the Savior of our souls. 


______________________________


Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterest, and Twitter. Help us spread God's encouragement through his love lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment