Saturday, September 20, 2014

Am I On The Right Track? - Martin Wiles

Series: Hey God…I Have a Question

Look, I have specifically chosen Bezalel son of Uri, grandson of Hur, of the tribe of Judah. I have filled him with the Spirit of God, giving him great wisdom, ability, and expertise in all kinds of crafts. Exodus 31:2-3 NLT

When life collapses, it’s tempting to question whether we’re on the right track.

Newlyweds normally enjoy the candid shots photographers capture while no one is looking. But Dan and Jackie Anderson doubtlessly weren’t expecting the one their photographer snared at their wedding in Crosslake, Minnesota. Prior to the ceremony, the entire wedding party gathered on a weather-beaten dock to pose for pictures. Suddenly, life collapsed…in the form of the dock, sending many of the participants plunging into the water below. The spirits of the wedding party, however, weren’t dampened by the dive. In fact, the bride looked at the photographer with a smile and said, “Did you record that? Please tell me you got that on camera!” 

Life can throw some nasty curves. When it does, it’s tempting to ask, “Am I on the right track?” Bezalel was.  He and another skilled craftsman were chosen by God to construct Israel’s Tabernacle and all its implements. 

Track is usually defined as the direction I’m taking in life—which quite normally involves my career. Several questions can help me answer the question. Does my employer require me to do things that violate God’s commands? If so, my career path may be correct but not my current employer. Is my career path allowing me to use the skills and natural talents God has given me? God grants natural abilities and gifts of the Spirit to his children. What I do in life should employ them. If I maintain this current track, will I be able to look back with contentment when I retire? When I use my gifts and talents, I’ll enjoy doing what I’m doing. If I’m miserable, it may be a telltale sign I need a change. 

Make sure you don’t miss the track God has designed for you to travel.

Prayer: Thank You, Father, for creating us with purpose. Enable us to discover that purpose so we can enjoy the life You’ve given us. 
___________________________

Enter to win a free copy of my newest book, Grits & Grace & God. Visit the following link and sign up: https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/show/99040-grace-grits-god-manna-from-heaven-served-up-southern-style

No comments:

Post a Comment