Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Here’s Hope by Martin Wiles

He listened eagerly as I taught Rick Warren’s The Purpose Driven Life. Little did I know his life once didn’t have any.

“I didn’t grow up in a Christian home,” he told me after class. “The only time I went to church was when I was at my grandparent’s house.” And life eventually soured on him…to the point that he considered—and attempted, to end it. He went to his room, took out a gun, looked down the barrel, pulled the trigger… But the bullet whizzed by his head instead of finding its way into it. At which time he fell on his knees and cried out for God’s mercy. And God granted it. Not only did he instantly save him but he also placed a family in his life who became his spiritual mentors. He discovered his purpose…and hope.

The prophet Isaiah shared what appeared to be a hopeless situation, but it was actually one designed to birth optimism in hopeless people. But he was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins. He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed. (Isaiah 53:5 NLT).

Relationships are important. Having friends and family who come along my side when I’m traveling through life’s valleys is always comforting. Togetherness beats loneliness. But the most vital relationship I have is the one with my Savior. All others will contain an element—no matter how small, of disappointment but not the one with Christ. In my darkest moments, he gives me hope and sheds light on my situation.

Experiencing forgiveness in the present and clinging to the hope of eternal life in the future makes all conditions bearable. With Christ in my life, I can view all situations from a different and optimistic perspective.

Are you experiencing the hope that is available through Christ?

Prayer: We place our hope in You, our God and Savior, believing we will never be disappointed.


Martin N MichelleHelp spread the encouragement by sharing this site with a friend.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Martin! this post is too good to miss! Especially with so many hurting during the holidays. Thank you for linking up! Your picture didn't post for some reason. Would you like me to delete the post and you post it again? Or I can try to post it for you? Let me know. juanamikels(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing at Whatever Wednesday on Thank You Honey!

    ReplyDelete