Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Live With Confidence by Martin Wiles

Series: Living Life To The Fullest

I didn’t understand how developing a bleeding ulcer, spending five days in the hospital and enduring a year of recuperation was in my best interest. Only later did I comprehend how God was teaching me about priorities.

I was new to the ministry and yearned to make a good impression at my first church. As a Type A, I struggled with desiring recognition and thrived on attempting more than I should in twenty-four hours. I plodded ahead at reckless speeds until God slowed me down and forced me to reconsider what I was doing and why. I wasn’t fond of the way he did it, but had I continued living at break neck speeds splattered with flawed motives, I might be dead now.

Paul wasn’t a stranger to evil intentions against his mission but believed God was powerful enough to transform wickedness into good. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose (Romans 8:28).

Believing God is in control isn’t enough for a full life; we must also believe he’s strong enough to transform foul circumstances into ones beneficial for our spiritual growth. God’s goodness smolders beneath what appears to be the ashes of our lives. It may appear the flame of his involvement is extinguished, but the smallest wisp of faith will cause a blaze of enhanced understanding. Hindsight will continually reveal God’s ingenious way of taking the enemy’s plans to destroy and turning them into blueprints that will draw us closer to him and strengthen our faith. Learn to trust God’s heart even when you can’t see his hand.

Prayer: Thank You omnipotent God for taking all things big and small, and using them for my good and Your glory.

1 comment: