Monday, January 23, 2023

Faithful to the End - Martin Wiles

faithful to the end
Your faithfulness extends to every generation, as enduring as the earth you created. Psalm 119:90 NLT

She was a vibrant young teenager who was faithful to the end.

Rachel Scott had a premonition she’d never live to see twenty. She was popular at her high school, even though her witness for Christ wasn’t always well received. Two students who hated her were Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris. She had talked to them and tried to persuade them to stop doing all the weird things they were doing.

During the week of Easter, both boys entered Rachel’s school and started shooting. Before approaching her, they killed another student who was witnessing about his faith. Then they shot Rachel in the leg and back. Realizing she was still alive, Harris walked over to her and asked, “Do you still believe in God?”

Before Harris delivered the final shots that ended her life, Rachel said, “You know I do.” 

I’m not sure how old the psalmist was when he wrote these words, but he obviously had lived long enough to observe God’s faithfulness. And I suppose he must have read and heard about God’s faithfulness as well. Friends, parents, grandparents. They’d all experienced God’s faithfulness and lived to tell him about it.

I too have a heritage of hearing about and experiencing God’s faithfulness. I watched as both of my great-grandmothers witnessed of God’s faithfulness. My grandparents also showed me God’s faithfulness and told me many stories to support it. Both of my parents testified of God’s faithfulness and lived out that belief daily. I did the same with my two children, and hopefully, they will do the same with their children.

I’ve read of God’s faithfulness in the Bible’s historical stories and other Christian literature. I’ve witnessed it in the lives of hundreds of others. 

God was faithful yesterday, he is today, and he will be forever. Faithful to fulfill every promise he makes to his children in his Word. He has to be. Not to would contradict his very nature.

Are you experiencing God’s faithfulness in Your life?

Prayer: Father, thank You for Your faithfulness to us. Enable us to be as faithful to You. 

Tweetable: Will you be faithful to the end? 


Thanks to all our faithful followers who share our posts! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram. Help us spread God's encouragement through His Love Lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment