Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Walk-on Wednesday - Ask of God - Victoria Weser

Welcome to Walk-on Wednesday. By Hump Day, we are struggling, but we believe a good devotion can strengthen us to finish the week strong. 

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. James 1.5 KJV

I took my scriptures and a notebook and headed up into the red rock canyon of southern Utah.

I had a question and needed an answer. I knew God was the only One who could give it. I thought back on a scripture I had heard so many times before: “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him” (James 1:5 KJV).

I knew God was my heavenly Father. He loved me more than I could comprehend. Like any loving father, he would answer my questions, but only if I were willing to ask.

As I sat on that bench, amidst all the red rock and blue sky, I poured out my heart to God, hoping He would answer. And He did. As I read in the scriptures and wrote in my notebook, the Spirit gave me the answer I needed.

Every person has their questions, their quiet pleadings of the heart. Every person has doubts and concerns—the things that keep them up at night. Every person wants answers. But only the people who ask God with “nothing wavering” will be the ones who get those answers.

God invites us to ask, to talk to Him. He doesn’t turn us away because we don’t perfectly understand something. He loves us and has all of the answers but is waiting for us to read the Scriptures, to pray, to seek revelation, and to ask Him. He wants us to show Him we are genuinely seeking wisdom.

Let us ask God, expecting Him to give us the answer we need, which may not be the answer we always want.

Think about questions you have and take those questions to God with the faith that He will answer you.

Tweetable: Are you afraid to ask of God? 

Victoria Weser is a university student, currently volunteering in Germany to share the good Word of God with others through her website FindeChristus.org. She enjoys medicine, hiking, and facetiming her dog every week. 


Thanks to all our faithful followers who share our posts! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram. Help us spread God's encouragement through His Love Lines.


No comments:

Post a Comment