Friday, September 29, 2017

Flashback Friday - Prone to Wander - Martin Wiles

Prone to Wander

In 1757, at the age of 22, pastor and hymnist Robert Robinson penned the words to the song “Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing.” Verse four’s conclusion mimics Jesus’ story of the prodigal son: Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it, Prone to leave the God I love.

Happily for the prodigal, he came to his senses and said to himself …“I will go home to my father and say, ‘Father, I have sinned against both heaven and you…Please take me on as a hired servant (Luke 15:17-19 NLT)’” Read more...


Looking for a wide selection of genres in inspirational books at discount prices? Click here to see selections.







Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterest, and Twitter. Help us spread God's encouragement through his love lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment