Isaiah 41:10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. (NLT)
“Will it kill me?” Uttered if I had only touched a poisonous item but hadn’t eaten it. It may have been a flower or the ointment placed on a cut. But according to Mom, it was a favorite question during one stage of my life. Then it could be attributed to the ignorance and innocence of childhood. Now it would be called paranoia. There have been numerous things I’ve been afraid of: bullies, bankruptcy, unemployment, failing, darkness. But according to God, I shouldn’t because he is nearby. I’m his child, and he is my God. His love demands he protect me as a parent does their child. He will strengthen me for every task at hand and he will help me when I’m at my wit’s end. No matter how many times I fall, he will continue to pick me up and give me another chance. And God does the same for every one of his children. So don’t be discouraged. When fears begin to paralyze you, lean on the strong arm of God.
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give t...
-
For thousands of years, people have found comfort in the Psalms. No matter what emotion you are experiencing or fight you're facing, t...
-
Series: Hey God…I Have a Question The LORD is close to all who call on him, yes, to all who call on him in truth. Psalm 145:18 NLT Th...

No comments:
Post a Comment