Thursday, March 24, 2016

Change is Good - Martin Wiles

Live no longer as the ungodly do, for they are hopelessly confused. Their closed minds are full of darkness; they are far away from the life of God. Ephesians 4:17-18 NLT

Change was the norm; I merely had to adjust.

Some preachers remain at churches for lengthy periods of time. Dad never did. At least not until he reached mid life and decided to stay put for 20 years. By that time, I had long ago left home and established my own family. His moving didn’t affect me anymore. While I was growing up, five years was the longest he ever remained at one church—and that was to let me finish high school in the same place. Prior to that, it was three years at one church, four at the next, and one at the following. I never established many friendships, and I was tired of saying good-bye to the ones I had. Change became the norm I accepted, but didn’t like. 

Believers at the church in Ephesus had undergone a change. They had discarded their immoral lifestyles and no longer worshipped a multiplicity of pagan gods. Yet the temptation to return to the lifestyles they had put aside was always prevalent.

Change is peppered with negative connotations. “We’ve never done it that way before” and “I’m not sure the people will like it” are two common objections heard when change is suggested. Some rebel against change and leave the organization. Others accept it grudgingly, sticking around to cause friction. A few embrace it and enjoy the new opportunities it can bring. 

Salvation ushers in the most radical change possible in my life. God removes my old nature and replaces it with a new one. This is change for the good. While Satan still works through my old human tendencies, I now have God’s power giving me the ability to live a pure and holy life. And I should. What I’ve been changed from is in the past; what I’ve been transformed into is in the present and future. 

This change allows me to live with the peace of knowing my Savior and I are okay. He’s wiped the sin slate clean, accepted me into His family, and established a friendship with me that won’t ever be disrupted by change. 

Enjoy the change God can bring into your life. Any change He brings is for your good. 

Prayer: Father, give us courage to live by the standards of the changed natures You’ve given us at salvation. 


Looking for a wide selection of genres in Christian books at discount prices? Use coupon MWiles for 20% off. Click here to see selections.  






Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterest, and Twitter. Help us spread God's encouragement through his love lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment