Saturday, January 16, 2016

Privileged to Serve - Martin Wiles

By God’s grace and mighty power, I have been given the privilege of serving him by spreading this Good News. Ephesians 3:7 NLT

At the time, I didn’t see it as such, but later I realized it was.

I wasn’t born a PK (preacher’s kid) but became one shortly thereafter. By the time I was nine years of age, I was well indoctrinated. Things were different for me and my family than they were for normal people. We always lived near the church, and church folks popped in randomly. We lived under the microscope. 

Since I was the preacher’s kid, I was expected to act differently than normal kids. No rebellion, sassing my parents, or taking up the bad habits kids often experiment with. All of this seemed like a curse to me, but I later discovered it was a privilege to grow up in such a home. I was privileged to have Christian parents, Christian friends, and an extended church family to make sure I remained on track. I didn’t deserve it; it was a privilege. 

Paul was reared religiously, but legalistically. Freedom came after he met Christ and discovered life’s real meaning. God gave him the privilege of serving him and spreading the good news to those who didn’t know. 

As God’s child, I possess the privilege of telling others about Christ. Though it’s my responsibility also, it’s not one I drudgingly carry out. Being privileged to do something means I get to do something not all people are allowed to do. Only believers can share because only believers have special news to share. 

God will give me the opportunities to share; I simply have to be sensitive to his Spirit’s guidance. Along with the opportunities, he gives courage, power, and ability. I share with confidence, not fear. Through sharing—by whatever means I choose, God’s love is communicated to others. Conversations that say “I care,” an invitation for supper, kind deeds, a “Thinking of You” card, and random texts are all ways to spread God’s love. 

What are you doing with the privilege God has given you? Make yourself available, and watch what he does through you.

Prayer: Father, help us to share Your love lovingly and persistently.

Looking for a wide selection of genres in Christian books at discount prices? Use coupon MWiles for 20% off. Click here to see selections.  







Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterest, and Twitter. Help us spread God's encouragement through his love lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment