Saturday, December 12, 2015

God’s Guarantee - Martin Wiles

The Spirit is God’s guarantee that he will give us everything he promised and that he had purchased us to be his own people. Ephesians 1:14 NLT

Guarantees can be the difference between misery and enjoyment. 

Only once in my lifetime have I purchased a car without a warranty. In fact, only once in my lifetime have I purchased car from an individual I didn’t know. My wife and I looked it over, glanced under the hood, drove it a few miles, and asked the seller pertinent questions. Since it had over 200K miles on it, we were concerned about its trustworthiness. We took him at his word. Our car was similar to numerous items we’ve purchased at auctions. The auctioneer’s famous words are that we are buying it as is where is. 

Guarantees, on the other hand, are nice. Of course, getting one usually requires I purchase something that is brand new. Otherwise I have to pay extra money to get it or to extend the one I get. 

Guarantees guarantee if something happens to the product, the company from which I purchased it will repair or replace it free of charge. This small piece of paper can save me an enormous amount of money. 

I like the fact that God gives a guarantee. His is not written on paper but rather in a person—the Holy Spirit. Jesus told his disappointed disciples he had to go away so he could send the Comforter…the Holy Spirit. Paul says he is the guarantee we’ll get everything God has promised us. 

With the Spirit comes the continual, abiding presence of God. He’s with me everywhere I go and there to guide me through every trial, temptation, and decision. The fact that I have him means my eternity is secure and so is my relationship with God. 

God will never snatch what he has given to me. My salvation is secure and so is my eternity. I can live with confidence instead of doubt and fear. All God’s promises to me will materialize. 

Do you have a guarantee on your future?

Prayer: Father, thank You for the presence, power, and comfort that come with Your guarantee to us.



Christmas Sale. Looking for a wide selection of genres in Christian books at discount prices? All print books 50% off. Use coupon WBC50. Click here to see selections.  





Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterest, and Twitter. Help us spread God's encouragement through his love lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment