Saturday, February 22, 2014

God on Call by Martin Wiles

Sometimes it’s just impossible to get through to whom I want.

“You have reached….. For English press 1, for _____________ press 2.” I press 1. 

“If you would like to ______________, press 1, if not press 5.” I press 5.

“You have reached the main menu. For help with ____________, press 2, for help with ___________ press 3, for help with ____________ press 4, or for assistance with _____________ press 5.”

Now I’m stuck. None of these options relate to my call. I press 0 which hopefully will return me to the main menu and a chance to speak to a real person. But I don’t hear, “Thank you. Please wait while I transfer you to a customer representative.” In fact, there’s no option whatsoever that puts me in touch with an actual person. 

Fortunately, when I call heaven, I don’t have to deal with these scenarios. Then call on me when you are in trouble, and I will rescue you. (Psalm 50:15 NLT)

God is always on call and constantly available. No menu to select from and no “Our offices are closed. Please call back after _______.” Whenever I need him, he’s there. Prayer is the avenue through which I summon God. While I have a special concentrated time I spend with God, I send up many “microwave prayers” during the day. I can literally pray without ceasing.

And the wonderful news is God is never too busy for me. He won’t say, “Didn’t we just talk about this yesterday?” He cares about every detail of my life. But neither should I wait until I’m overwhelmed by trouble and have tried all my ingenious tactics before I call on him. He should be my first resort. 

Make it a habit to call on God regularly.

Prayer: Thank You Lord Jesus that our line to You is always open.

Begin each day with a dose of encouraging thoughts. Order your print or Kindle copy today from Amazon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment