Friday, December 6, 2013

Complexly Created by Martin Wiles

“Timex®. It’s takes a licking and keeps on ticking.” Until the battery goes out.

Timex has been my choice of watch brands for many years. They are affordable yet durable. Not flashy but practical. And up until recently, I could visit the local Wal-Mart and have the battery changed. Not now. “We don’t change Timex batteries anymore,” I was informed. I soon discovered why. As I removed the backing to access the battery, I saw a maze of parts I hadn’t witnessed in previous watches. Screws had to be removed and parts re-arranged to even locate the battery. What was once simple was now very complex.

So am I. God’s Word says so. You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. (Psalm 139:13 NLT)

Fate wasn’t the reason for my birth nor does it control my present life or future death. I’m here because an all-wise God chose for me to be. 

Just as my watch has purpose—to keep and then reflect the accurate time, so my life does as well. God has a plan and purpose for me. He didn’t put me here simply because he had nothing else to do. I must discover his purpose, but when I do I can live life to the fullest.

My watch battery doesn’t last forever; it must be replaced for the watch to continue pursuing its objective. Occasionally, I have to reposition also. What God has planned for me at one stage in life doesn’t necessarily mean that’s what he intends for me to do permanently. 

God has complexly created you with a unique set of skills, gifts, talents, and a special personality to complement them. No one is exactly like you. Are you ticking out God’s purpose for your life?

Prayer: Thank You Omnipotent God for creating us uniquely and giving us work to do. Enable us to find our niche so we can accomplish Your purpose in life.

Martin N MichelleHelp spread the encouragement by sharing this site with a friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment