Thursday, October 17, 2013

Does God Really Care? by Martin Wiles

I’ve never questioned God’s love and care, but I’ve sauntered through many a life situation when it was tempting.

As I watched my father lie in a hospital bed fighting for his life, I could have questioned God’s concern. But I didn’t. Or when my wife and I fail to sell as much at our antique booth as some other vendors, it’s tempting to say, “What’s up with this God?” But we don’t. Or when my wife wakes me up crying from the pain of a kidney stone and we wind up in the hospital, I’m tempted to question God’s care. But I don’t.

Even though the disciples knew where Jesus was, they wondered if he cared that they were about to be submerged in turbulent waters. Jesus was sleeping at the back of the boat with his head on a cushion. The disciples woke him up, shouting, “Teacher, don’t you care that we’re going to drown (Mark 4:38 NLT)?”

God is continually near me even when I don’t feel his presence. I’m normally reminded of this after I’ve passed through my storm rather than when I’m in the middle of it. In fact, his footprint impressions appear more imbedded when he walks with me through trouble.

God is also omniscient. What appears to me to be a lack of concern on his part is due to the fact that I don’t have all the information and can’t see the future as he does. He is always working in my favor whether it appears so or not. I may not understand the storm, but he does.

No human relationship can give me the love and concern my Savior can. He is always with me and will never fail or forsake me. Are you experiencing God’s care?

Prayer: Thank You merciful Lord for continually caring for our needs and for always standing by our side.

Martin N MichelleHelp spread the encouragement by sharing this site with a friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment