Tuesday, December 25, 2012

God’s Mighty Act by Martin Wiles

The old prophet foretold it, the shepherds witnessed it, and Mary lived it.

“In case you haven’t heard, God, I’m just a young unmarried virgin.”

“Don’t worry, I will A.C.T.”

“And by the way, the last time I checked sex was required to conceive a child.”

“I told you. I will A.C.T.”

“But God, haven’t you heard…The penalty for unfaithfulness is death.”

“Mary, I said I will A.C.T.”

“What about my finance’ Joseph? He’ll never believe You made me pregnant. That’s a tall tale for anyone to believe regardless of how much they love you.”

“I’ll take care of Joseph. Remember, I’ll A.C.T.”

And God did. For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God (Isaiah 9:6 KJV). And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people (Luke 2:10 KJV).

God Acted by accomplishing what we couldn’t for ourselves. Not in the way many were anticipating…he didn’t send his Son on a white horse to set up an earthly kingdom. Rather he delivered him by way of a poor young peasant woman. But then again, God often acts outside the boxes we attempt to house him in.

God Comforts assuring us he has everything under control. Mary couldn’t fathom it-and sometimes we can’t either, but his plan is masterful and eternal.

God Takes us to the end. He saves and preserves; he finishes what he starts. We act by faith in trusting him, and he acts in faith by remaining true to his Word. The shepherds rejoiced when they heard the good news, and so did Mary…eventually. Has God’s mighty ACT changed your life?

Prayer: Almighty God, we rejoice over Your Mighty acts and thank You this Advent season for acting in our behalf by allowing Your Son to take on human flesh and give His life as a ransom for our sins.


No comments:

Post a Comment