Friday, December 30, 2011

Love Calls

Matthew 10:1 Jesus called his twelve disciples together and gave them authority to cast out evil spirits and to heal every kind of disease and illness. (NLT)

I’ve been called in by a grandmother from rambling in the hog pen to eat supper. I’ve been called by a father to come in from playing for a mid morning snack. I’ve been called down by teachers for talking in class and called up to the front to recite multiplication tables. I’ve even been called on to pray in public. Each call required action and involved choice. Failure to do either would have brought consequences. Jesus invites all people to follow him but forces no one. Ignoring his call has consequences; so does accepting it. Agreeing to follow yields authority. We are forgiven of all sin, granted eternal life and given the right to make an identical offer to others.

Love calls; we have a choice to make.copyright by Martin W. Wiles, 2011

2 comments:

  1. I am thankful that one day, HE called my name! Thanks for this reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopped from Bless a Blogger Friday! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete