Saturday, August 9, 2014

What Is the Cure for Every Sickness? by Martin Wiles

Series: Hey God…I Have a Question

Why do people get sick? Why can’t everyone—myself included, just remain well continuously?

After fifty-four years of living, I’ve seen my share of sickness…even though overall I’ve not been as sick as some. With the exception of German measles, I escaped all childhood diseases. I was fortunate enough to bypass the chickenpox in spite of the fact that everyone else in my middle school class contracted them. Even when both of my children endured them, I came through unscathed. My life has been hospital and surgery free except for a bleeding ulcer and a malfunctioning gall bladder. Other than the occasional cold, stomach virus, and sinus infection, I’ve been favored with few illnesses. Yet my body houses no built-in immunity. Like everyone else, I could one day hear the doctor say, “The news isn’t good. You have….”  

Heaven is the ultimate cure for every sickness. He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever. (Revelation 21:4 NLT)

Since heaven is the ultimate cure for all sickness, my dying is necessary before I can be perfectly healed. The only other manner of escape would be Jesus returning before my death. With the entrance of sin into the human race through the disobedience of Adam and Eve, sickness came. As my world is afflicted with all manner of immoral and structural malfunctions, my body is also. Sin brought spiritual—and eventually physical, death for not only Adam and Eve but also for their progeny. 

The good news is that one day God will restore all that sin has stolen. Along with sorrow and crying and death, sickness will be eliminated. My body will be restored to God’s original design. No more sin or its effects. Along with all other believers, I’ll be given a resurrected body formed and fitted for heaven where all things…my body included, will be perfect. 

Have you made preparations to inhabit the place where all sickness is eliminated?

Prayer: Thank You Father for preparing a place for Your children where sickness and pain will be abolished forever. 

Enter to win a free copy of my newest book, Grits & Grace & God. Visit the following link and sign up: https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/show/99040-grace-grits-god-manna-from-heaven-served-up-southern-style

1 comment:

  1. Heaven looks better and better.... I am so thankful for the grace and strength God gives us to deal with trials here on earth... and I look forward to the time when there will be no more sickness!

    ReplyDelete