Thursday, September 5, 2019

Worth Trusting - Martin Wiles


All he does is just and good, and all his commandments are trustworthy. Psalm 111:7 NLT

For seven years, she’s been a faithful friend.

She’s not perfect mind you. My old Ford Explorer. She wasn’t perfect when my wife and I bought her. In fact, she had over 200,000 miles on her, which caused us to question the wisdom of purchasing her. 

The owner seemed like a trustworthy chap. He assured us he had serviced her regularly and driven her carefully. We took his word—and the vehicle.
Her inside wasn’t spotless. A few spots appeared here and there on her seats. Her back hatch had two cracks in the fiberglass—a flaw the owner assured us almost every Explorer in a particular manufacturing age had. The paint on the luggage rack peeled away in a few places, and the odometer reading only showed up every now and then.

In seven years, she’s only failed us three times. Once, when I tried to shift into reverse to back out of our driveway and the gearshift cracked in half. Again, when the battery died. And a third time when the security seal around the ignition malfunctioned. Other than those three episodes, she’s cranked every time I put the key in the ignition and taken us to and from our destinations.

Though she’s been close to perfect, she’s not. And I know the day will come when she’ll fail me for the last time. She’ll experience a mechanical malfunction too expensive to repair. I’ll trade her in or send her to the junkyard. But until then, I’ll keep trusting her and driving her.

Unlike my car, God, according to the psalmist, is completely trustworthy—as are His commands. Not only is He completely trustworthy, but He is also consistently trustworthy. I can’t even say this about my best friends. Even the ones I love the most will hurt me occasionally. But not God. He never lets me down, and never will. He is capable of what no one else is.

Obeying His commands results in the best life ever, not a miserable one as some imagine. He designed them for our good. When we obey them, He guides us onto the best paths, protects us as we walk them, comforts us when trials come our way, encourages us when we don’t have the strength to keep going, and forgives us when we mess up.

God is worthy of your trust. Are you trusting Him?


Prayer: Father, we trust You with our lives because we know You control them out of Your unconditional and everlasting love.



Looking for a wide selection of genres in inspirational books at discount prices? Click here to see selections.







Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram. Help us spread God's encouragement through His Love Lines.


2 comments:

  1. I pray I will always trust God. I may not know the reason for certain situations, but I do know God is with me at all times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That trust is what makes us who we are. Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete