Friday, April 5, 2019

Flashback Friday - Protected under God's Feathers - Martin Wiles

Protected under God’s Feathers

Breaking glass and crumbling metal startled me from a restless sleep. A long night of change awaited.

I was living in a single wide mobile home nestled in the edge of a tree cleared parcel of land. Since the friend who was letting me live here only cleared enough trees to insert the trailer, trees bumped against every corner and surrounded me in wagon train fashion. 

January brought cold wintry weather. On this particular night, sleet was falling and the wind was screeching. Thoughts of a tree falling on my home tormented me. But I neglected the mental warning, scrambled to bed, and hunkered under the covers. At two in the morning—after being jolted awake by shattering glass and falling wood, I awoke with a large pine tree cuddled against my nose. Had the back door frame not stopped this intrusive monster, I would have been a dead man. Read more...

Tweetable: Do you depend on God for protection?


Looking for a wide selection of genres in inspirational books at discount prices? Click here to see selections.





Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterest, and Twitter. Help us spread God's encouragement through his love lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment