Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Walking Dead People - Martin Wiles

walking dead people
Once you were dead because of your disobedience and your many sins. Ephesians 2:1 NLT

Dead people don’t move . . . or do they? Do walking dead people really exist?

I’ve also heard dead people don’t tell tales. But maybe they do. Because of my profession and upbringing, I’ve seen more than my share of dead people. My father performed numerous funerals as a pastor. When I followed in his footsteps, I did as well. The elderly lady sitting in her recliner and enjoying life when death overtook her. Or the small child who was killed because his mother drove drunk and wrecked. The ninety-nine-year-old woman who had the privilege of seeing some of the first airplanes and cars. And my own father who stopped breathing in an Atlanta hospital.

None of the above moved after they breathed their last. They never got off the bed or chair and moved around. They were dead. And as badly as I wanted to talk to them again, their lips never moved, and their voices remained silent.

But I’ve also seen another type of death. The dead people who do walk and tell tales. I see and hear them every day. I’ve worked with them, attended church with them, and belonged to community organizations with them. I even have some of them in my family. In fact, I’m one myself. We are the walking and talking dead.

Physical death and spiritual death are both realities. The first ends our earthly existence, but we can live for many years while enduring the second. What kills us spiritually is our disobedience to God, and the reason we disobey is because of our sin natures. We’re born with it, and unless we allow God to give us a new one, we’ll live and die with it. And if we die with it, we’ll miss an eternity with God.

But we don’t have to be walking dead people. New natures are available. Natures into which God has breathed life. We can be live people walking. Alive to spiritual things. Alive to God and his plan for our lives. Alive to the abundance he offers. All he requires is that we ask. Jesus died physically to give us life spiritually.

Why walk around dead in your sins when you can enjoy God’s forgiveness?

Father, thank You for giving me the possibility to live life alive. 

Please help us grow our reach. Share this post on your social media platforms.  


Thanks to all our faithful followers who share our posts! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram. Help us spread God's encouragement through His Love Lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment