Monday, January 9, 2023

Another Mystery Trip - Karen Huffaker

another mystery trip
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”  Jeremiah 29:11 NIV 

Our driver grinned from ear to ear. We were on another mystery trip, and he wasn’t about to reveal the details.

There was a good bit of chatter on the bus as we speculated where the trip would take us. We only knew we would enjoy a good meal, fun fellowship, and some exciting sightseeing. The driver occasionally revealed a tiny hint, but no one figured out what he had in store for us that day. Who knew that a little-known museum of a famous entertainer was nestled in a small town on our way to the mountains?

One of the many things I enjoy when riding the bus is sitting back and relaxing. I don’t worry about itineraries, traffic, directions, driving conditions, getting lost, or where to park. Instead, I give those concerns to our capable driver.

Our life journey is like a mystery trip. We may have a plan, but it will change over time and the seasons of our lives. I have repeatedly discovered that my plans are not set in stone. They are simply guidelines until the revised plan comes into play.

Since I learned that my plans are not always the best, Jesus has become my driver. I’m the passenger. I watch for where He’s taking me, but He controls. I look to Him for direction, next steps, and turns.  

I know God will take me to the place He wants me and that He will be with me every step of the way. There will be no missteps along the route if I let Him have the steering wheel. He is more than able.

My meditation and prayer times help me trust the Lord and depend on Him for safe arrival. Scripture assures me Jesus loves me and wants the best for me. He will be glorified as my journey unfolds according to His will.

As God takes you on another mystery trip, will you turn the driving over to Him? 

Tweetable: Are you trusting God on the mystery trips? 


Karen Huffaker is a freelance Christian writer. She has taught children’s Sunday school and single mom’s Bible studies and written poetry. She is from the Deep South and loves reading Christian books, devotionals, genealogy adventures, fishing, and all things family. She is also passionate about her grandchildren’s sporting events. 


Thanks to all our faithful followers who share our posts! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram. Help us spread God's encouragement through His Love Lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment