Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Reaching Up to God - Karen Huffaker

reaching up to God
And he took him by the right hand and raised him up, and immediately his feet and ankles were made strong. Acts 3:7 ESV

Sometimes, reaching up to God isn’t the first thing we do.

 

For months after an excruciating ankle injury, I wore a boot and then a brace and then went to physical therapy. My ankle was swollen beyond measure and discolored, but thankfully not broken. I couldn’t put any weight on it for weeks.

Peter and John were about to enter the temple area when they met a poor lame man sitting by the Beautiful Gate. He was helpless. Peter spoke to him in the name of Jesus Christ for him to get up and walk. Then taking him by the right hand, he raised him up. At once, his feet and ankles became strong. It was a miracle. The man jumped up and walked.

My ankle recovery was not as immediate, but I learned through the slow healing process to reach up to Jesus. Each day Jesus offers His hand of hope to me to raise me up. If I reach up and take His hand, He will guide me through my struggles.

I can lean on God for strength, encouragement, and wisdom through reading Scripture. Through prayer, I can seek God’s healing in those areas that need His healing touch. He will be my help in times of trouble. I don’t have to struggle or go through them alone.

The lame man praised God, and the people who witnessed the healing were amazed. I, too, am praising God. My ankle became strong. Jesus helps me to face whatever comes.

What struggles are you experiencing that could use God’s healing touch?

Tweetable: What struggles of yours need God's healing touch? 


Karen Huffaker is a freelance Christian writer. She has taught children’s Sunday school and single mom’s Bible studies and written poetry. She is from the Deep South and loves reading Christian books, devotionals, genealogy adventures, fishing, and all things family. She is also passionate about her grandchildren’s sporting events. 


Thanks to all our faithful followers who share our posts! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram. Help us spread God's encouragement through His Love Lines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment