Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Forty Years - Karen Huffaker

Forty Years
For the Lord your God has blessed you in all that you have done; He has known your wanderings through this great wilderness. These forty years the Lord your God has been with you, you have not lacked a thing. Deuteronomy 2:7 NASB

Forty years is a milestone for me.

I had my own significant experience forty years ago when I asked Jesus to sit on the throne of my life on one Easter Day.

God has known me throughout my wanderings. During my journey, I have wondered if each decision I made was the right one. I can look back on the stepping stones along my path and see how God has blessed and guided me along the way. This gave me the assurance I needed to stay in the Word, remain in prayer for wisdom and guidance, and continue to seek His will.

I’ve learned by experience that God tends not to move quickly in my life. For many years, I dreamed of returning to college and finishing my degree. This didn’t work out . . . until God decided the time was right. Some twenty years later, God presented me the perfect degree program at an accredited college with a convenient location. He also gave me the necessary resources to get the degree.

I couldn’t have orchestrated anything better. God blessed my patience and provided all that was needed to make this possible, even though I worked a full-time job and was a single mom. He protected my family and provided supportive friends. We didn’t have luxuries during that time, but we did not lack a thing.

Just as with the Israelites, God’s provision was in His way, timing, and plan. I don’t always have the answers or know what direction to take, but I can trust that God knows what is best for me. 

Are you patiently allowing God to guide you and provide His best for you?

Tweetable: Are you patiently allowing God to guide you? 


Karen Huffaker is a freelance Christian writer. She has taught children’s Sunday school and single mom’s Bible studies and written poetry. She is from the Deep South and loves reading Christian books, devotionals, genealogy adventures, fishing, and all things family. She is also passionate about her grandchildren’s sporting events. 


Thanks to all our faithful followers who share our posts! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram. Help us spread God's encouragement through His Love Lines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment