Monday, September 13, 2021

Meandering Monday - Greater Than… - Martin Wiles

Welcome to Meandering Monday, where we take a trip back to an earlier post and enjoy it again.

This shows that the Son is far greater than the angels, just as the name God gave him is greater than their names. Hebrews 1:4 NLT

Far back in my educational journey, I learned the symbols > and < meant greater than and less than.

Knowing that in itself meant nothing, but using them to compare numbers made a little more sense. If my income was greater than my outgo, I discovered myself in the red. If my grocery bill grew greater than the amount in my checking account, I would have to put something back. If my rent payment was greater than what I had left over after paying all my other bills, I might eventually be evicted. Practical stuff.

In many of the early churches, false teachers taught God could only be approached through angels. Some even thought Jesus was God’s highest angel. Angels shouldn’t be worshiped nor is Jesus one of them. He is greater than angels and also some other things I tackle.

Jesus is greater than all our fears as well as the things or people that arouse them. God hasn’t given us a spirit of fear but of power, love, and a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7). Greater is he that lives in us than anything the world can hurl our way.

Jesus is greater than all our anxieties. Numerous things can cause us to be anxious or to worry. Rather than do that, we can present our anxieties to God and experience peace beyond our comprehension (Philippians 4:6-7). Jesus said we shouldn’t worry because he is in control of all our tomorrows (Matthew 6:34).

Jesus is greater than any problem we will face. We must trust in him with all our hearts and not depend on our understanding. When we do, he will direct our paths (Proverbs 3:5-6).

Jesus is also greater than any temptation we confront. He’s promised not to allow them to become so intense that we can’t endure and conquer them with his help. A way of escape always exists (1 Corinthians 10:13).

Have you discovered that God is greater than anything you might meet?

Prayer: God of power and God of grace, we humbly trust our fear, worries, anxieties, problems, and temptations to You. 

Tweetable: Is God greater than what you are facing? 


Thanks to all our faithful followers who share our posts! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram. Help us spread God's encouragement through His Love Lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment