Friday, November 13, 2020

Flashback Friday - From Trash to Treasure - Martin Wiles

From Trash to Treasure

Keep me as the apple of Your eye; Hide me under the shadow of Your wings. Psalm 17:8 NKJV

“One’s man trash is another man’s treasure.” As an avid fisherman, my grandmother would have disagreed. 

My grandmother loved to fish, but not simply for enjoyment. She fished for the money. Rarely do I remember her cooking fish, yet she fished almost every day of the week. Money was her goal. What my grandfather wouldn’t give her for spending, she would secretly earn by selling fish to neighbors. She then stashed her cash in an undisclosed location that he knew nothing about. Since she was out to earn money, small fish were of no interest to her. So if she or I were fishing in a cranny where petite fish were stealing our bait, she would tell me to fish in another spot. “That’s only trash," she’d say. Rarely would I snare this trash, and if I did she would instruct me to throw them back. Read more...

Tweetable: Are you letting God transform your trash? 


Thanks to all our faithful followers who share our posts! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram. Help us spread God's encouragement through His Love Lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment