Friday, October 2, 2020

Flashback Friday - Grief My Way - Martin Wiles

Grief My Way

Then Joseph told the physicians who served him to embalm his father’s bodyAnd the Egyptians mourned his death for seventy days. Genesis 50:1-3 NLT

Grieving is as specific to the person as it is to the circumstances themselves.

I watched various measures of grief when my father died. As I faced my final chances to tell him how much I loved him and what a wonderful father and Christian example he had been to me, I found myself at a loss for words. As I watched his labored breathing, all I could do was fight the lump in my throat. My mother sat in silence while my wife openly cried. My youngest brother visited twice but couldn’t bear the sights. He didn’t return until the funeral. Our middle brother was the only one who mustered the courage to share his feelings. Read more...

Tweetable: How do you handle grief your way? 


Thanks to all our faithful followers who share our posts! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram. Help us spread God's encouragement through His Love Lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment