Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Throwback Tuesday - What Was It Like to Watch Your Son Die? - Martin Wiles

What Was It Like to Watch Your Son Die?

Series: Hey God…I Have a Question

I watched his labored breathing, waiting for the moment when his chest would cease striving.

As a minister, I was often associated with death, but the calls usually came after the fact, not before.  My father is the only person I can remember watching die. As my mother, wife, and I stood around his bedside in Atlanta, Georgia, our emotions flowed as we watched him taking his final breaths. We had made the difficult decision…at his behest, to remove him from life support and let nature take its course. After 45 minutes of eternity, his chest stilled, and the scribbling on the nearby monitor straight-lined. He was gone. Our reactions differed, but sadness flowed through each of them. Read more...

Tweetable: How do you feel about Jesus' death? 


Thanks to all our faithful followers who share our posts! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram. Help us spread God's encouragement through His Love Lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment