Saturday, August 24, 2019

Holding God’s Hand - Solace from the Psalms - Martin Wiles


For thousands of years, people have found comfort in the Psalms. No matter what emotion you are experiencing or fight you're facing, the psalms have something important to say. For the next little while, Love Lines from God will feature, "Solace from the Psalms." We hope you enjoy. And please share them with a friend. 

Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand. Psalm 37:24 NLT
The first time was like a warm rush I’d never experienced before.
Holding hands normally accompanies the first date or even the puppy love stage before dating is allowed. The object of affection is all that runs through the person’s mind. I remember mine. She haunted me during the night and occupied my mind throughout the day. I couldn’t focus. On our first date, my palms ached with sweat until her hand was finally entwined in mine.
Almost forty years later, I still enjoy holding hands, but now I do it with my true love—my wife. But the comfort I receive from holding her hand can’t compare to holding God’s hand.
In order to hold God’s hand and have him grasp ours, we must be in a relationship. Not physical as I am with my wife, but spiritual. Because I’ve accepted the meaning of His Son’s sacrifice on Calvary, God has accepted me and all my warts. He now observes me as holding Christ’s hand. I’m His child and no longer a sinner without hope.
Holding God’s hand is more enjoyable when there’s no friction between us. And what produces tension is willful and unconfessed sin. Sinning doesn’t remove me from His family, but it hinders my ability to hear him clearly. It’s like having a tiff with my wife. Things won’t be the same until the air is cleared.
I still enjoy holding my wife’s hand even though we’ve been married for many years. And I still relish holding God’s also. When I’m nurturing the relationship, having His hand in mine grows sweeter every day. I’ll never tire of Him nor will He of me.
Are you holding tightly to God’s hand?
Join the conversation: Tell us about your first love.
Prayer: Thank You Father that Your hand of protection, comfort, guidance, and love always holds us tightly.


Looking for a wide selection of genres in inspirational books at discount prices? Click here to see selections.







Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram. Help us spread God's encouragement through His Love Lines.


No comments:

Post a Comment