Saturday, August 17, 2019

Discover Your Child - Solace from the Psalms - Martin Wiles


For thousands of years, people have found comfort in the Psalms. No matter what emotion you are experiencing or fight you're facing, the psalms have something important to say. For the next little while, Love Lines from God will feature, "Solace from the Psalms." We hope you enjoy. And please share them with a friend. 

Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it. Psalm 139:14 NLT
I’ve never thought mine was that amazing, but facts prove otherwise.
Consider the following startling facts about the human body: our stomachs contain acids strong enough to dissolve zinc, our lungs contain 300,000 million tiny blood vessels, our bones are as strong as granite when it comes to supporting weight, each of our kidneys houses one million individual filters that filter 2.2 pints of blood a minute, and our eye’s focusing muscles move about 100,000 times per day.
What’s more amazing is that a divine Creator put all this together. As a parent, this makes me look differently at my children and grandchildren—and others. They’re not just a bag of bones and sometimes aggravation but unique creations with distinctive gifts and personalities.
Training my children in the way they should go required spending enough time with them to recognize God’s gifts in them. When I determined this, I then encouraged them to pursue hobbies and professions that allowed them to use those talents. I also had to recognize that doing that might mean they wouldn’t follow in my or their mother’s footsteps.
Children also have distinctive personalities. One of mine has Type B and the other is extremely Type A. What concerns one doesn’t bother the other, but that’s okay. Variety is God’s plan when it comes to personalities, and I’ve discovered that personality usually fits the talents.
But my parental duty goes beyond simply encouraging my children to pursue their dreams. Parenting also involves guiding them to align their gifts and dreams with God’s plan. Only then have I trained up a child in the way he should go (Prov. 3:5-6).
What more can you do to guide your child along God’s path?
Join the conversation. What's one way you've helped your child discover God's plan?
Prayer: Give us wisdom, merciful Father, to guide the little ones You’ve entrusted to our care.


Looking for a wide selection of genres in inspirational books at discount prices? Click here to see selections.







Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterestTwitter, and Instagram. Help us spread God's encouragement through His Love Lines.


No comments:

Post a Comment